3.04.2010

new interests


I was never one to be interested in photographing people or portraiture until recently. After researching Nan Goldin and looking through books of her work she gave me a new appreciation for what it means to take a picture of somebody. To put it as brief as possible, Nan Goldin started photography simply so she would remember her life and it turned into a sexually explicate, yet vibrant timeline of her life that allows views to see everywhere she has been and some of the most obscured situations she had been in.
Even though I'm usually urged to take these really abstract images i'm beginning to steer toward images that strike emotions of remembering, and are more raw. For now I will be like on a see-saw and go back and forth until I can find my balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment